QuickBooks Integration First Steps - QuickBooks Setup
Modified on: Thu, Oct 20, 2022 at 3:04 PM
There are a few first steps to take for the QuickBooks integration process to go as smoothly as possible.
Customer Name (QB) = Code Name (PP) Company Name (QB) = Customer Name (PP)
1. Setting Up Required Accounts on the QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
The following must be setup in QuickBooks to be able to import invoice information from PrintPoint:
4 default account names must be setup in QuickBooks > List Menu > Chart of Accounts.
- Accounts Receivable Account
- Sales Income Account
- Freight Account
- Sales Tax Payable Account (Automatically created by QuickBooks cannot be manually changed)
2. Setting Up the QuickBooks Tax Item
Tax Item (s) identify the “jurisdiction (s)” for which sales tax is calculated. At least one Tax Item must be setup in the Item List in QuickBooks (if only one Tax item is setup, it becomes the default tax item).
QuickBooks > List Menu > Item List
3. Setting Up QuickBooks Customers with a Tax Item
QuickBooks > List Menu > Customer List > Double-click customer
4. Setting up QuickBooks Sales Tax Code List
QuickBooks has a Sales Tax code List with “Tax” and “Non” as the defaults. If you need to create other Tax Codes for use with PrintPoint, do so now.
QuickBooks > List Menu > Sales Tax Code List
5. Setting Up the QuickBooks Vendor List for Sales Tax Agency
You must setup a Vendor(s) on the QuickBooks Vendor List for every Tax Item for which tax will be calculated.
QuickBooks > List Menu > Vendor List
Next step: QuickBooks Integration First Steps - PrintPoint Setup 1
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.