This article is for individual user email settings. The previous article shows System Wide email settings.
Note: In order for a user to adjust these settings, he/she needs to be in the 'Admin' or 'User Settings' group. See Users & Groups for more information. (An admin can edit these settings for all users, a person with just the 'User Settings' permission can adjust only their own information.)
Click on the Email tab
1. Email Account Setup
- Return Address: Enter the address that the email recipient will Reply-To.
- Mail Server User Name: This is the user name or possibly the email address that you use to access your email account
- Attachment Encoding: Set the various types of attachment encoding. Base64 is the standard, but you can check with your email host for the recommended setting.
- Password: Enter the password for the Mail Server User Name entered.
- Confirm: Enter the password again to confirm it is correct.
- PDF Creation on Mac: Set a delay time to wait for the PDF document to be generated before attempting to attach it to an email.
- Include Account Name as part of email addresses (checkbox): If checked, this will include your PrintPoint account/user pre-pended to the Return Address email name (e.g., Production <firstname.lastname@example.org> ). note: you will need to restart the PrintPoint client application for this change to take effect.
2. Tabbed Message Section: Each Area that you can email from PrintPoint can have a custom email message. Click each tab and enter appropriate text.
- Message: Enter your message for the selected section here.
- Default to Sending Emails as Attachment: This will default to sending emails as PDF attachments, such as for Quotes and Purchase Orders. (Note: The text in the message section above will be in the message of the email, not part of an attachment.)